The purpose of a personal data policy for Kursuslex and its subsidiaries/sister companies, the publishing house Kursuslex ApS and Konference.dk ApS (hereinafter Kursuslex), is to explain how we collect, protect, and use personal data. Kursuslex aims to maintain a high level of security, as well as the responsible processing and protection of personal data.
Personal information encompasses all information that can be used to identify a person, including, but not limited to, their first and last name, private address or other physical address, email address, or contact information, regardless of whether they relate to their private residence or workplace.
Kursuslex collects data about its users (schedulers of meetings and events) and customers (suppliers of meetings and events) in order to provide information, news, magazines, books, printed matter, offers, invitations, events, booking services, and the like within the meeting and event industry.
Kursuslex is the data controller and performs the processing of personal data in accordance with applicable legislation.
Kursuslex provides a wide range of services to users and customers. Separate terms and conditions may apply to each service.
When you provide your personal data in connection with ordering a service or registering for an event, you also give your consent to Kursuslex and its business partners processing your personal data.
Which personal data do we collect and process?
In order to do business with you, to hold events with your participation, and to provide you with news, information and services, we collect personal information. Kursuslex collects this information in the following way:
- When you order/book, purchase or register for one of Kursuslex’s services.
- From people who act/register on your behalf.
- In connection with the submission of tenders and/or when requesting a partnership agreement.
- Via browser cookies and when using Kursuslex’s digital services.
- In connection with subscriptions to Kursuslex’s various news media (both online and offline).
- When conducting user or customer analyses.
- In connection with participation in competitions.
- From social media, advertising, and service providers, as well as public registers.
Kursuslex collects, among other things, the following personal data:
- Name, address, company, telephone number, email address, title, and other general personal data.
- Order/booking/delivery/participant history
- Type, frequency, and number of participants in relation to the meetings and events that users plan
- Feedback through our customer/user surveys.
- Feedback via physical or online competitions.
- Feedback on social media and other digital platforms.
- Browser information.
- Information about your company and relevant contact persons.
You can choose to provide Kursuslex with personal data in addition to your general personal data, if you consider it to be of importance to the service that Kursuslex is providing to you. This may include information about particular allergies or dietary preferences. If you choose to do so, Kursuslex considers this to constitute consent to register and save this potentially sensitive information about you.
In addition to receiving information from yourself, Kursuslex will, in some cases, supplement our information with information that we have received from a third party, e.g. a colleague of yours or a business partner (e.g. by joint registration for our events or by agreement on the delivery of one or more services). In these cases, the third party is required to provide information about Kursuslex’s terms and conditions and our personal data policy. The third party is also required to obtain consent for the registration and processing of any sensitive information.
Kursuslex wants our events to be held in the best possible atmosphere, and with the greatest possible benefit, for both users and customers. Therefore, in very special cases, Kursuslex collects information about persons who are in conflict with the purpose of a given event, in order to exclude these persons from future events.
Sharing and storage of personal data
Personal data provided to Kursuslex is stored on servers managed by third parties (data processors) on behalf of Kursuslex, in accordance with our data policy and applicable legislation on the protection of personal data.
Personal data provided to Kursuslex is only disclosed to:
- Internal departments
- Selected third parties in connection with the maintenance and servicing of systems used by Kursuslex.
- Kursuslex’s associated companies that provide services that fall within Kursuslex’s normal fields of activity.
- Selected business partners, in order to deliver the service you have ordered or registered for.
In connection with enquiries and/or bookings of meeting rooms, please note that Kursuslex considers itself to be the intermediary for your enquiry. In this context, Kursuslex acts on the basis of your instructions. This means that Kursuslex, and the places to which you choose to send the enquiry, are all independent data controllers. There is thus a shared responsibility for data, and the places you choose will process your personal data in accordance with their own personal data policies.
Personal data provided directly to an exhibitor (e.g. handing out your business card or giving an exhibitor permission to scan your name tag) at a Kursuslex event is deemed to constitute the delivery of personal data outside of Kursuslex, and is therefore deemed to constitute the delivery of personal data directly to the exhibitor, in which case the exhibitor’s personal data policy will apply.
Kursuslex only stores personal data for as long as it is necessary in relation to the services provided by Kursuslex. Kursuslex has procedures for the deletion of personal data. After an individual has been inactive for a period of time, the person’s data will be deleted or anonymised. The duration of the period varies according to the service in question, but there is a maximum of three years unless otherwise stipulated by legislation (e.g. the Danish Bookkeeping Act).
In accordance with applicable legislation regarding personal data, you have a number of rights. These rights are as follows:
- You have the right view the personal data that Kursuslex processes about you.
- The right to have the personal data that Kursuslex has registered about you corrected and updated.
- The right to have the personal data that Kursuslex has registered about you deleted, with the exception of data that Kursuslex is required to save by law.
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent. The processing of your personal data will then cease, unless Kursuslex is required to process the personal data in accordance with legislation.
You can ask Kursuslex to provide you with a printout of your personal data, to have your personal data updated, to raise objections or to request the deletion of your personal data. Such a request must be made in writing (with a signature) and include your name, address, telephone number, and email address. You can also contact Kursuslex if you believe that your personal data is being processed in violation of legislation or other legal obligations.
Such a request should be sent to:
Bregnerødvej 132 A
Attn: Jacob Nedergaard
Within one month of receiving your request for a printout, Kursuslex will send it to your postal address. Kursuslex may reject requests that are either unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical intervention (for example, the development of a new system or a substantial change to an existing practice), affect the protection of other individuals’ personal data, or in situations where the action requested may be considered to be highly complex (for example, requests for information that exists solely as backups).
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints about Kursuslex’s processing of personal data, you can contact:
Bregnerødvej 132 A
Attn: Jacob Nedergaard
If a complaint is not handled by Kursuslex, you may then direct your complaint to the Danish Data Protection Agency.
Any changes to the personal data policy will be announced through the publication of new terms and conditions on Kursuslex’s website.
Last updated 06/01/2023